Calibrated Size Estimation Chart (Transparency)
Developed from and based on the TAPPI Dirt Estimation Chart, this custom transparency is used to measure the size of spots, defects, or inclusions over the range of 0.02 to 5.00 square millimeters in paper and other industrial materials such as textiles or plastics. Instructions for use of this transparency are outlined in TAPPI Test Method T 564. This chart should be used in conjunction with TAPPI T564, NOT T213 or T437.
A must for quality inspection professionals, these charts serve as quality assurance resources to determine the size of imperfections in the following applications:
- Measure the size of defects in products
- Inspect third-party packaging
- Determine the size of imperfections in molded plastic products and medical tubing
- Detect embedded specs
- Measurement of visible ink spatter on printed surfaces
- Estimation of the growth rate of bio-colonies
- Detect air inclusions in transparent plastic castings and films
What makes a Calibrated Size Estimation Chart so special?
- These charts are ideal for quality assurance processes that require more exact measurement.
- Each chart has 23 dots that are measured and documented within the specified tolerances.
- The actual measurements for each dot in square millimeters are exported to a Data Sheet with a unique serial number corresponding to the chart.
- The Data Sheet included with the chart provides the maximum and minimum tolerances for each measurement.
- Each Calibrated SEC is individually prepared and bears a tamper evident security hologram with its own serial number to assure authenticity to users.
What it can mean for you:
- You no longer have to calibrate your own charts. You can save time and effort!
- You can feel confident knowing that the each Calibrated Size Estimation Chart is within tolerance; prepared with care and precision to allow you to better serve your customers.
The quality assurance process is outlined below:
All 23 dots (.02, .03, .04, .05, .06, .07, .08, .09, .10, .15, .20, .25, .30, .40, .60, .80, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0.) are measured with a MicroVu Vertex measurement system.
Calibration of the MicroVu Vertex is performed in accordance with the procedures set forth in MicroVu’s Calibration Guide for Measuring Machines (1997) and complies with relevant requirements of ANSI/NSCL Z540-1 and ISO/IEC 17025-standard calibration date-9/02/20.
Measurement of Dots
- The dots on the chart are correct within an average 10% or 0.005 square millimeters, whichever is the larger.
- The tolerances of plus or minus .005 square millimeters is applied to the 02, .03, .04, .05 dots.
- The tolerance of plus or minus 10% is applied to the .06, .07, .08, .09, .10, .15, .20, .25, .30, .40, .60, .80, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0. dots.
You may also be interested in TAPPI Size Estimation Charts and Dirt Estimation Charts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions regarding TAPPI Charts? Contact email@example.com.
New Volume Discounts for TAPPI Chart purchases: