ANDRITZ´ New Technologies Applied to Yield Increase – A-yield Processes, 2015 PEERS Conference
ARE YOU A TAPPI MEMBER?
TAPPI members have exclusive, FREE access to technical conference papers and presentations six months after the conference in TAPPI's e-library. The e-Library offers:
- Unlimited access to more than 18,000+ documents
- Fast, robust search engine for fast search results
- Members get FREE access to conference proceedings, TAPPI JOURNAL articles, Paper360º articles, archived Solutions! articles, and much more
- View thousands of technical paper abstracts
- Ability to search by keyword, title, author, events or industry segment
*Technical papers and presentations are available for sale immediately following the conferences before the 6 month embargo period.
Purchase of electronic (downloadable) documents made at www.tappi.org by credit cards, followed by instant download cannot be cancelled. We do not offer refunds on electronic download documents.
Wood is the biggest variable cost for pulp maker and especially the yield of softwood with today´s kraft pulping technology is quite low. This paper discusses new possibilities to improve pulp yield. ANDRITZ has developed technology and processes to enhance pulp yield in cooking and in brown stock treatment. The following A-yield processes are covered: Thin chip and high kappa cooking, polysulfide cooking, displacement washing with DD-washers, strong oxygen delignification and screen room location after oxygen delignification. For polysulfide cooking, mill experience is also explained.