Material selection opportunities in pulp mills and bleach plants, 2015 PEERS Conference
ARE YOU A TAPPI MEMBER?
TAPPI members have exclusive, FREE access to technical conference papers and presentations six months after the conference in TAPPI's e-library. The e-Library offers:
- Unlimited access to more than 18,000+ documents
- Fast, robust search engine for fast search results
- Members get FREE access to conference proceedings, TAPPI JOURNAL articles, Paper360º articles, archived Solutions! articles, and much more
- View thousands of technical paper abstracts
- Ability to search by keyword, title, author, events or industry segment
*Technical papers and presentations are available for sale immediately following the conferences before the 6 month embargo period.
Purchase of electronic (downloadable) documents made at www.tappi.org by credit cards, followed by instant download cannot be cancelled. We do not offer refunds on electronic download documents.
Developments within the family of duplex stainless steels have made it possible to obtain a corrosion resistance comparable to that of 304L (UNS S30403) and 316L (UNS S31603) with considerably lower nickel content. In addition, the duplex alternatives have about twice the mechanical strength compared to the conventional austenitic materials in their solution annealed condition. This paper will summarize the characteristics of the lean duplex UNS S32202 including its general and corrosion properties which make it an excellent choice for digesters and liquor tanks. Application references will be discussed.