Coronavirus to Alter Global Toilet Paper & Tissue Production, Paper360º July/August 2020

The toilet paper shortages seen during the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic should be balancing in most places as the supply chain catches up and hoarding behavior tapers off. However, we can expect supply chains in some countries to be challenged by a tissue product mix shift driven by stay-at-home orders. This has the potential to disrupt supply as people stop working outside the home, dining out, and traveling.

Figure 1 shows the global tissue product mix for consumer, commercial, and industrial tissue products. Global consumer bath accounts for 51 percent of the total capacity. Commercial bath provides an additional 7 percent capacity to total 58 percent. This is the total bath tissue volume that the supply chain is set up to deliver.

TAPPI conference proceedings and presentations, technical papers, and publication articles provide technical and management data and solutions on topics covering the Pulp, Paper, Tissue, Corrugated Packaging, Flexible Packaging, Nanotechnology and Converting Industries.

Simply select the quantity, add to your cart and your conference paper, presentation or article will be available for immediate download.

Author: Bruce Janda
Coronavirus to Alter Global Toilet Paper & Tissue Production
Coronavirus to Alter Global Toilet Paper & Tissue Production, Paper360º July/August 2020

New Releases


TAPPI PRESS Catalog eBook 2021

Experience the Power of Publications in the 2021 TAPPI Press Catalog



Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition  

Sponsored by the Recovery Boiler Program R&D Subcommittee of the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) and published by TAPPI Press.



Handbook For Pulp and Paper Technologists (The SMOOK Book), Fourth Edition

The best-selling text to introduce the entire technology of pulp and paper manufacture.



Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers  

A project of the Yankee Dryer Safety & Reliability Committee.



Check our newest additions.

TAPPI Press offers some of the most in-depth resources and references for the forest products and related industries. 

See More


Available for Purchase – Conference Proceedings

TAPPI maintains a record of key conference papers, presentations, and other conference publications, available for purchase in a variety of formats.

See More