MPP Series: Overview of Paper and Wood
Overview Paper and Wood is the first of 15 in the Making Pulp and Paper CD Series. Through this highly interactive, self-paced CD participants learn paper and wood terms, concepts, and processes.
After completing the Overview Paper and Wood CD, participants should be able to:
- Describe the different grades of commonly produced paper
- Understand the types and sources of fiber used to make paper
- Explain how fiber structure affects paper properties
Benefits for Everyone
The series is designed for anyone who would benefit from a working knowledge of the pulping and papermaking process, including:
- Woodyard, pulp mill and recovery operators
- Process and product engineers
- Sales and Technical support staff
- New employees
It will also be beneficial to experienced production or technical employees who need a more thorough understanding of a specific area of the operation, especially for cross-training purposes. New employees of chemical and equipment suppliers and paper industry consultants will also benefit from the series.
The complete set of 15 Making Pulp and Paper CDs is also available.
Member: $59 List: $89